Super Bowl time is coming. What could be better than italian appetizers. The next few posts will be ideas for a Super Bowl party. What can be better for any Super Bowl party then Antipasto?
Antipasto is an Italian word that translates to “Before Pasta”, but I translate it to Before Dinner. A more common term is hors d'oeuvres, in French, or appetizers.
|Antipasto Platter! Excellent for your Super Bowl Party.|
Antipasto is served at most Italian family get togethers! Many cultures have similar style appetizers. You can choose whatever ingredients you desire… All of your favorites. What I present here is guidelines. Please feel free to adapt any way you wish.
I am not going to specify amounts of each item. Use your best judgment, based off of the amount of people you wish to feed.
Ingredients For Antipasto Recipe
- Pancetta, very thin sliced
- Prosciutto, very thin sliced
- Provolone cheese, cubed
- Fresh Mozzarella Balls
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Marinated Mushrooms
- Assorted Olives that have been pitted
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Lettuces ( Romaine, Red Leaf, Ice Berg )
- Grape Tomatoes
- Broccoli Flowerets and other similar veggies
- Italian Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Instructions For Antipasto Recipe
- Wash vegetables well and allow them to dry completely.
- Cover a large serving platter with a layer of Lettuce Leaves.
- Place a bowl in the middle and place the Marinated Mushrooms, Artichokes Hearts, Roasted Peppers and Olives, separated from each other in the bowl.
- Around the bowl, place the cheeses, each in their own section.
- Around the cheeses, place the sliced meats, each in their own section. I roll all of the meats.
- Place broccoli, grape tomatoes and any other veggies each in their own section.
- Chop up the lettuce and place in a large serving bowl next to the platter.
- Some folks drizzle a little dressing all over everything on the platter. I prefer to place it on the side so that guests can control how much dressing is used…. Use your best judgment.
- Stand back and admire the wonderful platter you created.
I hope you enjoyed this Antipasto platter. Please check back for more italian appetizers recipes! I will be posting several Super Bowl friendly Italian specialties in the very near future. I hope these authentic Italian Recipes make your Super Bowl part a night to remember!